Tuesday, May 3, 2016

How to: Two months of manicures for $5 WITHOUT acrylic




Today I'm going to fill you in on something I just started doing to my nails that I absolutely love.

I use fake nails without acrylic powder and I end up looking like I came out of the nail salon for less than $5. I've watched a few youtube videos that have really helped shape my nails into what they are today.

I love this technique because they last about a week... & if the nail pops off, I can easily glue it back on and call it a day.

There has been dozens of times where I have vowed to go to the nail shop every two weeks and I always fail. Especially when I cracked and split a nail...Or the thing gets knocked off, leaving me with a bloody nail and no patience to visit a nail shop.

With this technique, I don't have to worry about those issues.


Here is how I do it





  •  I buy nails from the cheapest locations. You can find them at Walmart or Sally's for $4.. or you can go on ebay and find nails in bulk for cheaper than $5 

  • The cuticle part of the nail will be square and it might not look natural once you glue it against your own nail. I shave it down until it's a rounded shape that matches my own cuticle.

  • Use the nail to push your skin back a bit, & glue it on your own nail [Use nail glue, any type will do. I use "beauty secrets" from Sally's]

  • Shave them down however you like (I prefer a squoval shape).

                         


I've had my nails this longer length for the last week but I decided to shave them down.
After cutting the nails down and painting them again, here is how they turned out:


Excuse the dust on my nails lol I did not dust them off before the picture.



1 comment :

I love reading what you have to say.
xoxo