Monday, May 9, 2016

A bitter sweet Mother's Day

                           Deep, dark,juicy details... I'll try to work this story out for a blog post.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic







I went to Joes Crab Shack for Mother's Day and I was treated by my mother in law to a feast of crabs, crab nachos (which sounds disgusting but it was actually very delicious) shrimp, potatoes, pretty much everything on the menu and drinks galore.

It started off rocky because I wanted to spend Mother's Day with my family and my child, but my mother in law had different plans that had no room for my own plans.

At first I was sad that I would not be able to spend Mother's Day with my child or husband, but a few hours later I was happy.

We had an amazing time together, me, mother in law, and my sister in law pretty much had a blast and spent hours at Joes Crab Shack being loud and celebrating our motherhood. Without having to tell our kids to "stop it!" Or "sit down" ... Because there were no kids aloud.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


It was a little bitter because I wanted my family too, but it turns out I kept getting text messages from my sister saying that the vibe at my own mothers house was extremely sour.

While I was out having fun and letting loose, my moms family was at home possibly tearing each other to shreds verbally.



I won't go into detail about why and what they argued about but it was not one of those arguments where you and your cousin argue and are cool the next day.

I'm happy I was not there and sad that people chose to bring negativity on such a wonderful day.

Mother's Day is one of the best holidays so my question is:

Why do some people choose a day like that to go off on someone they actually really love?

Why are people so incredibly selfish?

& why can't they sacrifice for other people's happiness?

Initially I sacrificed my own time and plans to spend it with my mother in law and in the end I am so grateful that I did, I was able to make her smile by letting go & I wish some of my own family would do the same more often.

1 comment :

  1. I'm glad you got to step away and enjoy some adult time! Funny how the best thing a mom can do to celebrate motherhood is to get away from the responsibility of being a mom. You deserved that afternoon, love. And if your family is anything like mine, everything will be back to "normal" soon.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say.
xoxo