Thursday, May 12, 2016

I finally finished potty training a toddler & here is the story

If you have ever had the honor of getting a child completely out of diapers, you probably understand that it can be pure hell.
Addie was fine with peeing in the potty for the longest time.
Going number two on the potty was a totally different story. She did it once and from there she would not do it again.



I always knew when it was time for her to go number two, she would complain of a stomach ache and hold it in for days and then suddenly we would all be in one room together and Addie would disappear. I would go looking for her, only to find her hiding in a closet doing the deed in a diaper or in her underwear. which made me so angry most of the time because I felt like I was trying to get this girl to just cross on over to the good side before she turned 3 and she fought it until the end.

Well one day.. I decided I was extremely fed up.

How did I fix the poop issue?

As soon as she complained about her stomach hurting with all of the squirming and squealing..
I would put her right on the toilet...

The first time I did that she cried and fought me. I basically had to have a life coach moment with my 2 year old and encouraged her about pooping... Lots of "You can do this!" and "Push! You got this"

That day she was probably on the toilet for 15 minutes before it all just came out because she could no longer hold it. When it finally did happen she was elated.

Things went on like that for a few weeks, now when she has to go number two she will tell someone and get right to the toilet.

 Moral to this story: we must push these kids..Even when it gets extremely tough.

It was hard but we made it! No more diapers... except for nighttime! lol

So now we must concur night time training & the fact that I dread letting her use the bathroom at other peoples homes!




3 comments :

  1. what a cute little learner you have there. Potty training for this mother of 6 was never the same. Thanks for sharing your story
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable and congratulations to the both of your for getting through it. I can personally attest to how it isn't easy so kudos to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say.
xoxo