Thursday, February 4, 2016

#throwbackthursday: Our 4 year anniversary was yesterday!

We didn't do anything special yesterday because for one we did not have a lot of money to spend and I have been sick with a cold. You know how it is when it's the middle of the week and there is really no time to turn up. I have also been getting over a bad cold and everybody knows that there is nothing sexy about sniffles and coughing.

Yesterday we ended up going to this nature trail in my city which has a boardwalk and lots of gators. My husband suggested that I get out of the house and get some fresh air so I thought that was an amazing idea.We hopped in the car and went for it.

We also went out for a drive last night had a beer or two and got takeout. 


   Check out a few snaps from the nature trail.
     [ Add me on snapchat: MissShamiya ]


Posted by Miyaloves on Thursday, February 4, 2016


*                              *                              *


 (Our first day as husband & wife!)

4 years ago..
I remember the night before and the day of our marriage very well. It was so stressful and we were not even planning a wedding. That wedding dream went down the drain when I realized that I was not in to making all of those decisions and having my family nag me to pieces every second of the day about flowers, colors, patterns and the guest list and the idea began to feel overwhelming so we just decided to go to the courthouse. 
The day before, I remember me and my husband got into a heated argument because we did not know that we had to take a premarital class in Florida in order to get our marriage license right away.
I planned to get married February 3rd and I was very disappointed to find out that I would have to first go and apply for the license and then wait 3 days to get married.



 So, what did I do? I found an online certified premarital course that allowed the 3 days to be waived. 
Looking back on that moment I should have just applied and waited those 3 days instead of driving myself mad.



Things that went wrong that day:

  • My hair. I was trying to straighten it for a sleek and silky look but instead my hair was poofy and frizzy the entire day.
  • My outfit. I was not too happy with the outfit that I purchased.

 I wish I could have changed those few details, but other than that, the day was amazing. Especially having all of my family at the courthouse. Spending the night at a resort with my new husband was also a great thing. I remember being so happy and I still am so happy that I married that man.

In life, stressful moments may seem like such a big deal but it helps to realize that in the grand scheme of things the issue at hand is probably just a microscopic point in time.
A lot of people are so focused on appearing to be perfect with their perfect weddings and perfect parties.. Perfect everything ,but they lack what really matters: unconditional love,  REAL friends and family to celebrate a moment with.
All of the stress isn't always worth it.

But who knows, maybe one day we will have a big wedding with perfect hair and elegant, classic dresses and tuxedos.


4 comments :

  1. I love your post! Your family is beautiful. I am following your blog/subscribed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, my wedding day was one of the worst days of my life. The only thing that went right was we got married. Other than that - I cried for a month over how awful that day was! I'm over it, and I know the marriage is more than important than the wedding but everyone woman wants to look back on that special day with fondness. I wasn't aiming for perfect - I'm not a "perfect" kind of person. I like quirkiness and sometimes things out of place can be charming, but dang it everything was so topsy turvy! Me and my husband were even late to our own wedding because we were arguing over who was to blame for things going so badly. Even my husband agrees it was terrible and we've agreed were going to have a "wedding re-do" on our 10 year anniversary. One day, I'll tell the tale of that dreadful day on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your floofy hair in that pic by the way. That was the first thing I noticed. I love floofy hair.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say.
xoxo