Sunday, January 10, 2016

The SCHEDULES of my life: Addison's night routine



This is such a random thought, but I have been working on my organization habits for... Ever and I really feel like I am getting to a good place with that. There will be more updates on how scheduling and organization has made my life better, but for now I wanted to start with the one thing that is most important to me- Addison.

I have never really had Addison on a schedule and if I did, they never lasted long but I think we have it down for the most part. Every night we try to do the same thing around the same time.
We always start off with the same step first.

1. Clean up her mess.
I should have been doing this a long time ago, because it saves me a lot of cleaning and annoyance in the long run. No matter what Addison is doing at the time, she has to stop what she is doing and clean up her area because  "it's time to get ready for bed" and I want her to learn that there are responsibilities for everyone in life.. Even the baby of the family has to clean up after her self.



2. Bath time and pajamas.
Usually before and after her bath I'm putting clothes in the washer or whatever random stuff that I want to do. Once she has those pj's on I don't normally make her lay down. I usually do different stuff like search for clothes that I need or straighten up around the house or my room.


Once I get in bed, she has to come with me.
*Stupid parent mistake* we used to let her do her own thing. If she wanted to play with her toys on the floor at 11:00 at night I'd let her. Now I see why I should not have allowed her to do that. Sometimes as a mom I let my child do the things that she wants to do because it makes her happy. I think about how she is not hurting anyone so I let her live and do her own thing. I am not always thinking about how these little decisions might make my life a living hell 4 or 5 months down the line when I cannot seem to get her to go to bed at a decent hour.
I really need to stop doing that...


I believe she is a happier toddler now... but if anyone can help me out with all of this whining- things would really be great.



2 comments :

  1. Great post (and I like the graphic lol). I think a lot of parents struggle with their first child to create a good schedule in the beginning. It usually comes with time and trial/error. Its good youre getting her on one now and it will definitely help when she starts school. This probably helps you as well wind down for bed because in a way its your night time schedule too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post (and I like the graphic lol). I think a lot of parents struggle with their first child to create a good schedule in the beginning. It usually comes with time and trial/error. Its good youre getting her on one now and it will definitely help when she starts school. This probably helps you as well wind down for bed because in a way its your night time schedule too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say.
xoxo