Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Wiz: Is it fair?




Tonight The Wiz Live aired at 8pm on NBC and already it has ruffled a few feathers.
Of course, some people have issues with the show because there is an all black cast. Some people see this as racist.

Certain issues don't even have to be a black and white, but people insist on being petty and I feel that some folks do not know how to act when a positive situation is inclusive to black people.
In reality, Black people have to endure being excluded from so much, we are damn near immune to it. Multiple movies and shows come out monthly that do not include one black person.
There aren't many examples of the ignorance that was posted on twitter about The Wiz being racist because as is expected, black twitter has blasted  the hell out of this situation. But I was able to find two examples that made me giggle and roll my eyes.



The fact is: If there was an all white version of The Wiz, no one would be outraged.
What do you think?

The Wiz has been playing for about 30 minutes and so far it's awesome. Maybe I will do a full review of it later.

3 comments :

  1. It's so annoying that people attack things for the smallest reasons. The Wizard of Oz was an all white movie and no one bat an eye. Plus lets not forget the millions of all white movies and tv shows that play everyday but we have a few all black movies/shows and everyone looses their minds... just dont get it

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact is: there IS an all white version. . It's called The Wizard of Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess they totally forgot about The Wizard of Oz. I absolutely LOVED The Wiz and I can care less what other's were saying. It was an amazing experience to watch The Wiz with my children and see the excitement in their eyes while they watched people on the screen that looked just like them.

    Siobhan
    www.befreeproject.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say.
xoxo