Friday, November 13, 2015

Black art that we will all love to give for the holidays!



KASHMIRVIII
By Kashmir Thompson can be found at Kashmirviii.bigcartel.com
Her work is a variety of some of our favorite TV characters and celebrities who have left a huge mark in black culture. Here you can find cute clutches and bags, shirts, and prints designed with these influential characters. I absolutely adore her work because it gives me that nostalgic feeling.
There is definitely something here for anyone. 






INGENIO BOUTIQUE
From the artists etsy shop: " I am Taniesha, a wife, mom of 3 , Fashion Illustrator and artist, Math teacher( Serving PreK-5th grade) and minister! My mission is to use my art and fashion to change the face of "beautiful". I want to take the persona of " commercialized beauty", and show the world that beauty is organic and natural and can be all shapes, colors, sizes, hair lengths and textures!"
She brings our beautiful to the forefront with her mugs.IngenioBoutique





JAMILLA OKUBO
We the people is a series of art by artist Jamilla Okubo. Her art is amazing and does a great job of capturing our cultural identity. Her work can be found on a few different sites, including: http://www.sharonobuobi.com/jamilla-okubo/




Show these artists some love.
I'm sure their work would make great gifts for the holidays!







3 comments :

  1. I love these!! I can't wait until Christmas. The girlfriends clutch and the natural hair mugs will be all mine!! lol Great post Miya! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say.
xoxo