Sunday, December 7, 2014

Decorating alternatives for Christmas




   This year is my little family's first time having our own place for Christmas. It's a very special time. Being able to decorate your own house and create your own traditions is too much fun.

  Originally we had it all planned out- we were going to get a Christmas tree. We even bought 3 or 4 dozen ornaments and candy canes to go on the tree that we had not yet purchased. I started to have second thoughts because I want a really small tree and I don't know how Addison will take having a tree with a bunch of sparkly, breakable things on it. I'm pretty sure the toddler in her would destroy it. Part of me still wants to get a small tree but I've been thinking of alternatives that would make it feel merry in this house.

 I did a little searching, and I found a blog: styledathome.com with a post that has tons of alternatives for decorating your home for Christmas. Here are a few that I loved.




1. Cardboard Christmas tree:

A cardboard Christmas treee seems like a great idea because nothing on it is breakable. It's safe if you have small children. They are also very customizable and unique. 
[1. Marieclaireidees.com]
[2. Babble.com]





























2. Have a little fun with ornaments:

If you happen to have a lot of different ornaments, this is great for you.


Place a few ornaments and evergreens on a 3 tier tray.
Pile ornaments in a glass vase for a clean look.
[1.bhg.com]
[2.Thehuntedinterior.com]










3. Hang your ornaments:

This can be done in many different areas of your home (on a bare window, chandelier, hallway)
[1. Buzzfeed.com]
[2. Homedepot.com]


Check in this month to see which one I plan to recreate!



3 comments :

  1. I LOVE the idea of an ornament chandelier! Very festive!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first and second ideas. Lovely

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally going to do hanging ornaments. I have a bunch of baubles that don't match the ornaments from the tree - now I know what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say.
xoxo