Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Homemade French bread pizza

 photo 0b1522a9-8f98-4b09-860e-03d2d02271f8_zpsulsthepf.jpg


The other day I decided to make French bread pizza because I didn't feel like going to the grocery store. Grocery shopping and thinking of what to cook makes me feel extremely LAZY!
Those Red Baron french bread pizza's are what gave me the idea to try to make a pizza of my own.
I did not have pepperoni, I was unsure if I even had tomato sauce but in the end I had a few ingredients I threw together to make a pretty good pizza.


What I used

1. 1 french bread roll.
2. 2-3 cups of mozzarella cheese
3. A little sprinkle of mild cheddar cheese.
4. 1 cup of sauteed spinach
5. 1/2 cup of cooked ham
6. 1 can of tomato sauce
7. Garlic powder
8. Butter
9. Basil
10. Salt & pepper


1. Cut the french bread in half, remove some of the french bread from the inside.
[This makes the pizza less bready. You don't want the bread overpowering everything else.]

2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and mix powdered garlic with it. Brush some of the mixture on the outside of the bread and on top of the bread.

3. Pop the french bread into the oven until it's just beginning to toast.

[... Meanwhile, your bread is toasting- you are going to make the tomato sauce ]

4. I used a can of tomato sauce. Add salt, pepper, garlic and basil to the tomato and mix it up really well.

5. Take the french bread out of the oven and spread tomato sauce on it. [toasting the bread first gives the sauce a good barrier to go on top of instead of just soaking into the bread and becoming soggy]

6. Sprinkle your cheese, spinach and ham on top and pop it back in the oven on 350 degrees until it's nice and crispy!




6 comments :

  1. OMG that looks so scrumptious!! I'm going to try this the next time i get french bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made a French bread pizza once, totally forgot about all about it and haven't made one since. Thanks for reminder! I think I'll put it on the menu for this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say.
xoxo