Friday, March 6, 2015

#BLACKOUTDAY



By the way today is #Blackoutday
Which is basically a day to celebrate out blackness & our beauty. Being black comes with so many negative stereotypes and obviously we as a people have been through many trials and tribulations. It was nice to go on twitter and see so many beautiful black people participating in something positive that LIFTS US UP. I'm only twenty-two years old, but as a child I remember being bullied a lot for being black (depending on where I was in the states) and I always wanted to change things that was the most black about me like my hair and nose for example. It feels so good to know that in just the last 15 years we have made a lot of strides for our people & I know it is real because I see us embracing our beauty more. I see us coming together for what we believe in.. Even if the topic of conversation does not always seem serious, we still come together on twitter & other social media platforms and we share our views. I'm so proud of us.
#blackoutday #blackfriday


2 comments :

  1. That's interesting - I've never heard of Blackout day but I am all FOR anything positive. I agree with you.. still today some people associate our blackness with negativity and correlate it with negativity, even our own kind. But like you've mentioned, I've also witnessed how it seems we are growing and embracing our beauty that has always been present.

    Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you will post soon.. X

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back !
    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say.
xoxo