Monday, April 21, 2014

Addie's 1st birthday !!!

Addie's first birthday was a lot of work for me. It was the first party I ever planned completely on my own so I felt the need to impress my family and friends, but most of all I wanted to prove to my family that I could succeed with out their help.
   
  I love my family dearly, but I am twenty-one years old.. I feel like it's time for me to take responsibility for things in my life and my daughters first birthday is one of those things.
A friend of mine told me that maybe I should include them in some of the decorating or planning but I did not agree. I just wanted something to take complete control of. When I got married, the main reason I chose to just drop all of the wedding plans and go to the courthouse was because my family was stressing me out. They are so helpful and tried to pull the wedding together but everyone knows that multiple people planning one party can cause drama at one point or another.

Planning Addie's birthday by myself allowed me to be free with planning and not have to consider another persons opinion (hubby does not really care what I do when it comes to decorations) & when  the party came on April 13th, everyone seemed to like what I did with the place. 
















I can't believe my baby is 1 ! It's amazing how time flies by.. Some days I reminisce about when she was very little and how this journey is playing out. I started off changing her every 1-3 hours, breastfeeding almost constantly and always keeping her warm and putting her down for naps. Now she is a ball of energy, so close to walking and being more independent everyday.














twitter.com/miyaloves

8 comments :

  1. You did a great job, Mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great party for little one!

    Your daughter is adorbz!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The party is so cute! Happy late birthday to your little cutie patootie

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy first birthday Addie!! shes so cutee ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe she's a year old now! I remember when you posted your very first belly pic, how time flies Happy Birthday Addie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Happy belated birthday to Addie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. why is she soooo cute???!! ugh! lol the party was so much fun girrrllll. You did the damn thing with the decorations! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an AMAZING job!! I know she enjoyed her birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say.
xoxo